Tuesday, November 24, 2015

What's on YOUR menu for Thanksgiving?

As I've gotten older, my interest in cooking (and food in general) has exponentially increased and since 2-3 years ago, I have become the designated cook for Thanksgiving! For a family of 5 people (usually 4 since my dad is working), it's been pretty simple. During the beginning, we didn't bake a turkey since my mom wasn't a fan and we were satisfied with a Steak substitute, but this year, my mom and I are really fired up! During this year's Thanksgiving, my dad is going to be home for the Holidays so we decided to really make a variety of stuff!

Is there anything that is traditional for you and your family during Thanksgiving? We celebrate the Korean Harvest Day in October and make that the major one, (and it's really traditional for us), so this 2nd Thanksgiving for us is room to explore new dishes and stuff!

This year, I have in mind these following dishes:

  • Garlic Mashed Potatoes
  • Sauteed Asparagus with Almonds (may substitute asparagus for string beans though. Haven't decided yet.)
  • Spinach Mac n Cheese
  • Stuffed Pasta Shells
  • Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Either Fried or Pan Fried Shrimp
  • Stuffing
  • Quinoa salad
  • Pan Roasted Cauliflower
  • Individual Beef Wellington
  • Roasted Potatoes, Onions and Carrots
  • Oven baked Turkey (brined for 24+ hrs)
  • Ratatouille
  • Simple Salad
  • Creamed Corn Shrimp
  • Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
  • Sweet Potato Casserole
  • Panna Cotta
  • Orange Cranberry Sauce
  • Apple Tart or Cobbler... maybe neither, but def everything above this one. ;)
Probably so much food for 5 people, but I swear, it's gonna disappear within the next few days, maybe week 1/2. I just finished shopping and holy cow!! So many people!! Ahhaha. I'll be starting my cooking tonight, so for those of you doing the same, LETS DO THIS!

Are there any correlating dishes here with what you're planning to cook? If not, what do you guys plan on making this Thanksgiving? Share with me your amazing ideas in the comment section down below! :)


Happy Eatings everyone!

1 comment: