Friday, November 20, 2015

Lobster Salad Recipe

Doesn't it suck when you go out to restaurants and leave a tad disappointed or feel like you didn't get the bang for your buck? I get that feeling often with lobster dishes. In many restaurants, the lobster dish barely had any lobster.................. Granted, there are so many reasons for limiting how much a guest gets for expensive ingredients, but it still sucks. I mean, honestly... who wouldn't want a little bit more of the good stuff? When I had brunch with my boyfriend this past summer, I ordered Ensalada de Langosta and I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor and the spiciness it packed! However, I honestly felt like the dish could have had a few more pieces of lobster. And for $26, the portion was a bit smaller than expected.
The Lobster Salad I had at Calle Ocho
When I went to the supermarket recently, a sale was going on for lobsters and I thought I'd try recreating the dish! It was my first attempt, but I'm VERY satisfied with the results. It's refreshing, clean and cool with a slight kick to it - and there's a substantial amount of lobster too. The original dish uses Green Papaya, but since I was unable to attain that fruit, I substituted it with cucumbers! Please enjoy and I hope you have wonderful results too!!!



Time: 25-30 minutes
Serving Size: 2-4 people (depending on how much you want to share your lobster) 

Here's what you'll need:
2 Whole Lobsters - either boiled or steamed (I boiled mine with lemon and butter)
1 Avocado - Peeled and diced
2 Mini Cucumbers - thin julienne, please!

*Also Seafood Shell Cracker*

Sauce Ingredients:
1 Green Chili Pepper
1/4 Avocado - Peeled
1 Lime - Squeezed
1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Mini Cucumbers
Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper

Instructions:
1. Get a huge pot - big enough to fit both lobsters in - and either steam or boil the lobsters. The real tedious work you have, is separating the meat of the lobster from its shell. If you're not sure how to, I found this video for you guys - seems pretty helpful - How to Extract Lobster Meat! (P.S. You can extract more meat from the "chest" area attached to the legs and tail fin of the lobster too!) After you do that, all you need to do it halve the tail, then chop it up into bite size pieces. I left the claws whole for plating, but you can totally chop up the claws too! :)

2. For the sauce, blend the ingredients all together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you find the sauce to be too hot or not hot enough, you can either blend more cucumbers or more chili peppers!

3. Then, dress the julienned mini cucumbers, chopped avocados and lobster with the sauce and plate accordingly!

I hope you found this recipe to be successful, delicious and simple! HAPPY EATINGS EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment