Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Jeju Island, I Miss You

Back in January, I went to South Korea to visit my family after 8 long years of being away from the motherland.

I was nervous and excited to see everyone since it had been so long, but I was super stoked about the food! I watch a lot of Korean cooking shows and food shows so I was excited to try to visit a 맛집 - which means, "a-really-good-food-place" or in a very casual and relaxed sense - "hot spot." Sadly enough, I wasn't really able to go out and search for some hidden gems but one of the most memorable moments I had while I was in Korea was going to Jeju Island.

Visiting Jeju Island was never in the books. It was an impromptu 2 night 3 day trip with my mom, cousin, aunt and uncle and it was the best trip ever! Jeju Island gave me one of the best impressions of Korea while I was there. It was D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y WORTH it and I'd go back in a heart beat.


If you've never heard of Jeju Island, it's an absolutely GORGEOUS island off the Southern tip of South Korea. In other words, Jeju Island can be described as South Korea's Hawaii, but why limit it to Hawaii? The experience at Jeju Island is one that can only be explained by GOING THERE. I'm not a representative of Jeju Tourism but holy shit, this place is awesome.

Jeju Island is the land of mouthwatering, sweet, juicy clementines, oranges, hallabong, and other citrus fruits. They are also the land of delicious, fresh seafood and black pigs (didn't get to taste any pork but I hear it's one of the must-try items to taste at Jeju).

Aside from the food though, I was really surprised by how packed Jeju Island was with things to see and places to visit! There are various museums, trails for hiking and walking, activities, restaurants, art galleries, mini islands and just beautiful sceneries to stare at. I could tell that they strive hard to keep the environment one of the main points of visiting Jeju. The Halla Mountain of Jeju is at the center of the island and you can see the mountain from various points but with different perspectives. It's really great to see the same mountain but in a different light, weather, angle, etc. Law has been set up as well so that when people are building new places, they don't go higher than about 5 stories so it doesn't block the Halla Mountain.

The serenity I felt at Jeju Island was a beautiful experience and I would REALLY, really love to go back again. I really miss you, Jeju Island. <3

I will be uploading a few mini Picture Series on the different places I went to while in Jeju, so please look out for them!

In the meantime, check out these photos I took while I was in Jeju:














Hope you enjoyed the photos! Please look out for the rest of my Jeju Island Pic Series! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment