Friday, October 14, 2016

Cheesy Eggs in Toast Recipe!



Hello Food Friends!

It has been far too long since I posted a recipe, so HERE IS A RECIPE. I have a delightful, easy recipe for all egg (& cheese) lovers out there!

I made Eggs in Toast (also known as Egg in Hole, Eggs in a Basket, etc) on a whim once because my boyfriend was hungry. I didn't want to make the classic Eggs with Toast so I thought I'd try something I hadn't done before. Thankfully, it turned out delicious and I made it for myself recently as well. It's really easy to make and doesn't take that long either. :) I hope you enjoy.





Here's what you need:

1 Tbsp Mayonnaise (might need more to evenly coat the toasts)
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
Pinch of Parsley
Block of Parmesan Cheese (or pre-grated Parmesan cheese)
Cheese Grater
2 Slices of Bread (I used Whole Wheat Bread)
2 Eggs

1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Butter *Optional*

Instructions:


1. Get your pieces of toast and create a hole in it. I didn't have a cookie cutter so I used a Soju Cup to make the holes, but please feel free to utilize whatever resources you have.


2. Turn your stove on to medium heat.

3. Spread the mayonnaise on each side of the toast.

4. Leave the toast on one side until it turns golden brown or looks toasted like the picture below - it should take about 3 minutes. I normally use the mini toast centers to check on the color.


5. Flip the toast over and crack the eggs into the center of the toast. 

*Before cracking the eggs into the center, you can put in some butter or olive oil in the center - however, the toast comes out fine with or without this step*

6. Turn the heat to medium-to-low heat and scramble the egg whites so they cook faster. Leave it on one side for about 3 minutes.

-If you want to have a Sunny Side Up toast, scramble the whites and leave it on for about 1 or 2 minutes longer on low heat - depending on how runny you like the egg whites. 

- If you want an Over Easy, Medium, or Hard Egg Toast, simply flip the toast over and leave it for approximately 10 seconds, 30 seconds, or 1-2 minutes. For the Over Hard, you may want to leave the toast on one side a little longer before flipping.   

7. Once your Eggs in Toast is finished, sprinkle it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. 

8. Grate as much Parmesan cheese on it as you want - I love this with EXTRA Parmesan Cheese - and top it off with some dried Parsley. 

9. ENJOY! 

Hope this turns out well for you guys! And please, feel free to tweak the recipe to match your taste buds! :) 

HAPPY EATING EVERYONE. 

Follow me on Instagram:
https://instagram.com/wondersforthesoul/


No comments:

Post a Comment