Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hello, Zora Dora!

Grapefruit Ginger Honey Paleta
My boyfriend recently took me to the colorful, delicious ice cream/ice pop store in Beacon, NY called Zora Dora and I immediately knew I had to tell you guys about it! It's a while away from the city, so it can be perfect for a day when you feel like visiting New York outside of the city - you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much there is up north!

Zora Dora produces micro batch ice creams and paletas, a Latin American treat made with ice and fresh fruit. It's a small shop along the Main Street in Beacon, but it has a pretty big selection. This cute shop seems to be well-known in the town for making their signature ice pops with all-natural ingredients.





I got their Grapefruit Ginger Honey Paleta and it was spectacular! The flavors were alive and running around in my mouth, sparking up a party! The ice pop had the perfect tart, sweet flavor of a grapefruit but I couldn't really get the taste of the ginger, and to be honest, I didn't mind that. I was satisfied with the grapefruit. It wasn't too sweet either which was great - it sucks when some things are TOO sweet that you feel like your tongue is drowning in that sweetness so you can't taste anything else... maybe that's just me...?

The honey had its own place in the center of the ice pop, right along the stick, so that was a pleasant surprise... I mean... who doesn't love honey?

Sadly, I made the wrong choice of only getting one... I want to try so many more of their flavors now... ugh.... especially Roasted Banana Dulce de Leche, Banana Cream Pie, Mango Mango, Mojito, Toasted Sesame Honey.... just everything really... (I'll definitely be going back here!)



My boyfriend got their Better than Reese Ice Cream, but woah man... it has the potential to turn a non-peanut butter fan, like myself, to actually consider getting this in the future. It was on point, guys. On Point.

I don't know why, but I was surprised by how creamy the ice cream was. It had a fudge-like texture that melted in your mouth and this one wasn't too sweet either - another major PLUS. There was some peanut butter in the center, lined along the stick, too, giving it an extra flavor/texture punch.

Sadly, Zora Dora is only open during the spring/summer season but from what I saw on their site, they still take orders during the winter/fall months! On rainy days, the store also closes early so it would be better to call beforehand to check about their hours!

Be warned, it's a place that leaves you wanting more.

Check out their website: http://www.zoradora.com/Zora_Doras_Micro_Batch_Ice_Cream/Home.html


No comments:

Post a Comment