Monday, September 16, 2013

The Amazing Journey Thus Far

In about a week or so, my friend and I will be going to PARIS FOR PARIS FASHION WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How awesome is that!!!!!!!???? First, London Fashion Week and now PARIS FASHION WEEK!? 

You've got to be kidding me! I was so excited about Pearce Fionda's Fashion Show and my goodness it was totally amazing. I will be writing another post just about their show, so look forward to that!

Just a few moments ago, Shammara and I were talking and we just couldn't believe our lives. She was even more excited because this is surely her gateway and her foundation to the never ending fashion industry but for the both of us, this is completely new and it's just an amazing adventure. One step at a time, I am learning more about myself... I can definitely say that I sometimes find myself relating to my mom and seeing how similar we actually are! But at the same time, I found that I am capable of doing things on my own, and that I can't always try to do things that will make me comfortable.

We really need to step out of our comfort zone. You'll be amazed to see what you can do and what you learn.

Last night, walking home by myself, I thought about how distant I am with my family right now. And this distance is both good and bad. First of all, the homesickness is there but at the same time, this is giving me a completely different outlook on life. Slowly but surely, I feel love for life. More love than I've ever felt before. Maybe it's because everything here is new and all seems like a new treasure, but I've got to say that there's definitely happiness there.

We are our own responsibility! There is no one else but us. There is definitely less stress and less pressure since I'm working at my own pace, but I just have to make sure that I don't fall behind on work and end up procrastinating and......................................... then the black hole of never ending regret. Really trying hard not to make that happen!!!!

Life here just seems slower than it is in New York, but somehow, in a day, it'll be precisely a month since we've been here. I feel like I just arrived to my dorm from the airport. So much has happened in so little time!!! Although I'm not sure what the future has in store for me, I'm looking forward to the challenges.

Everything seems to happen for a reason. What we need to do is go with the flow, take control of our lives, be positive, have positive energy, and look forward to what we'll discover about life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment